At Unmistaken Stars Farm Sanctuary we offer in home boarding for your companion animal within the peaceful setting of our farm. Our campers spend their days swimming in the nearby lake, romping through the 100s of surrounding acres, playing in our securely fenced yard, and then relaxing with us on the couch! We welcome dogs with special diets, and special needs, as our focus is on providing your dog a home away from home within our family. We only take in a few dogs at a time to ensure every dog receives an abundance of individualized attention and close supervision. Our canine camping is for dogs that are dog friendly and comfortable in a multi-dog environment. Our rate is all inclusive; we do not charge extra for medication administration, specialty meal prep, play time, woods, walks, etc.
Canine Camping is $45/day
For the well-being, safety and health of all of our canine campers, we appreciate your understanding and compliance with our policies below:
Canine Camping Policies
- As we take dogs directly into our home, space is limited and reservations are required. Please note we fill in advance at the following times: February vacation, April vacation, July, August, Thanksgiving week, and Christmas week. New clients will be required to send a 50% non-refundable deposit to hold a slot during these weeks.
- Please understand that space in our home is limited and in high demand; therefore, you will be responsible for the boarding fee of your reserved stay, if two weeks advanced notice is not provided. Our boarding rate is $45/day; please ask us about multi-dog or extended stay discounts.
- Day of arrival is always charged and each subsequent day. If you pick up by 8am on the day of departure, you are not charged for that day.
- We welcome specialty diets and other individualized considerations, such as supplements, medications, raw diets, etc. Please provide written instructions.
- Proof of rabies vaccine is required at time of arrival for daycare, boarding, training or grooming.
- Drop offs and pick ups are scheduled by appointment between the hours of 7-10am and 6-8pm; Sundays between 6-8pm only. Please be on time. We schedule accordingly to allow the mid-day to remain as uninterrupted time for our canine campers to play, hike and swim. If you are unable to arrive at your scheduled time, please call as soon as you know that you will be early, or late, to ensure we are ready to greet you and your dog.
- Please provide your dogs food (and any medications or supplements) with instructions in a no-spill sealed container or in a bag labeled with your dogs name.
- We are flea free environment; dogs with fleas or parasites will not be permitted on the farm.
- If there is another client ahead of you, dropping off or picking up a dog, please wait in your car. For safety reasons, all dogs must be leashed during pick ups and drop offs.
- The Boarding & Training Application must be filled out prior to participating in Training Classes or Canine Camping at USFS. The form is fillable, and after completion, is emailed directly to me.
- Please read the General Waiver below. You will be asked to sign this document in person.
Thank you again for your cooperation in helping to provide a safe and enjoyable experience for all at our farm.
Our Canine Campers
LEARN MORE ABOUT CANINE CAMPING AT OUR FARM
We offer a small group daycare supervised by a CPDT-KA dog trainer experienced in canine behavior. Our daycare is size specific (we do not mix small dogs and large dogs in play groups) and limited to groups of five dogs or under. We do not offer a drop-in daycare as it is important for us to know each dog and their temperament to help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Our daycare is for owners looking for a consistent play group for their dog each week where they will see the same caretaker and the same dogs allowing for positive pack relationships to develop. Due to our small group size and weekly attendance commitment, we are often full; however occasionally we do have an opening and welcome inquiries for our wait-list.